Saturday, December 03, 2011

I went to San Francisco, and all I got was...

I went to San Francisco on business for a couple of days this week. The work I was going to do was a piece of cake; should be able to finish it up in a day. Then the second day I would go in, hang around for a while to make sure all was well, then slip out early and do a little sightseeing.

They say that no battle plan survives contact with the enemy. I think something similar applies to IT work. One of the computers I had shipped out earlier was damaged in transit, and was unsalvageable. No problem; they have a spare computer, I'll use that! The spare was dead, too; I suspect a failed video card. We managed to wrangle a third computer by the end of the first day, and most of the second was spent getting that ready and testing it.

So, no sightseeing, and the only picture I got was of this black squirrel I saw on my way to lunch on Day 1:

I had never seen a black squirrel before, so I guess the trip wasn't a total loss. Every time I look at this picture, I want to pick him up and pet him.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home